Published: 10:49 EST, 2 October 2014 | Updated: 13:10 EST, 2 October 2014
Luke Friend's music career didn't exactly take off after he was booted off of The X Factor last year.
Despite making it to third place on Simon Cowell's ITV1 talent show, he's yet to grace the charts with a single song.
However, it seems the 18-year-old hopeful has planned a surprising trick up his sleeve before releasing any material - The Voice.
Scroll down for video
Remember me? Luke Friend was spotted auditioning for The Voice a year on after failing to win The X Factor
Luke was spotted in Manchester's Media City on Thursday at The Voice Blind Auditions.
With one hand carrying his guitar and the other tucked into his coat pocket, the singer looked confident ahead of meeting the celebrity judging panel Rita Ora, Will.i.am, Tom Jones and Ricky Wilson.
The teenager was seen sporting his trademark dreadlocks and was dressed in a pale pink and white shirt, black skinny jeans a worn leather jacket.
Second chances: Luke is no doubt hoping to give his music career a bit of a boost before releasing his first single next year
Where have you been? Since his time on The X Factor, the 18-year-old hasn't released any solo material
While it's not yet known whether he made it through to the next round of the show, shortly afterwards, he took to the local high street and started busking.
Despite auditioning for the BBC1 show, Luke recently admitted that he would still be tuning into rival show The X Factor this year.
Speaking to his home town's local newspaper The Herald Express, he said: '[If I were on The X Factor this year], I'd probably like Simon as a mentor. He wasn't there when I was on the show last year and he's one that I've not really met.'
Luke, who now lives in London, revealed that despite not releasing anything since his time on The X Factor, he has spent the last year working on his own material.
Deja vu: Luke sported his famous dreadlocks to the audition, which he admitted on The X Factor he didn't wash very often
He had hoped that his first single would be released this summer, however, he explained that 'something happened'.
'It should be out in January and the album will be later. I'll have a couple of singles out before the album,' Luke told the paper.
'I'd like to thank everyone for being so patient with me.'
The Voice's first blind contestant is a hit
How cute: Luke thanked his fans for being patient after 'something happened', which stopped him releasing his first single